ucsb101

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Status
IS it true that FInch stopped taking students with the post bac program? Somone on this board said that even if u have a 3.0 by the time ur done with the AP program.....u still might not get in....where as in the past.....almost everyone got it...i called up finch sometime late last year and they said that in the last four years pretty much everyone who got a 3.0 or above AND who still wanted to attened finch by the time the program was over.....entered the med school ast a first year the following year......so whats the deal???cuz i applied to this program....and will only go if i can go to finch in 2006....thanks a lot

TheKoman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2002
Cali
Visit site
Status
I think thats false info. The only reason I know that you might not get in is if you havent taken the MCAT yet or score really really low after taking it in Augs while your here, or you do something stupid while your here (like bitch at the Faculty or something). Also, its called Rosalind Franklin now, nobody uses Finch...

About the Ads

gnin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Status
From the r. franklin website:

"Completion of this curriculum with a "B" average or better qualifies the student for the Master of Science degree in Applied Physiology, but does not automatically qualify the student for entry into any other University program."

Why do they say this? Is there an unofficial guarantee you'll get into the medical school?

TheKoman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2002
Cali
Visit site
Status
gnin said:
From the r. franklin website:

"Completion of this curriculum with a "B" average or better qualifies the student for the Master of Science degree in Applied Physiology, but does not automatically qualify the student for entry into any other University program."

Why do they say this? Is there an unofficial guarantee you'll get into the medical school?
Technically, there's never a guarantee bu for legal reasons they say that. Examples where it may apply: 1. You havent taken your MCATs yet or scored REALLY low on them 2. You commited a crime 3. You pissed off the administration 4. Get caught cheating 5. They find out you lied on your application. 6. Your an illegal immigrant etc etc heh

About the Ads