no mechanical pencils?!?!??!??!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Gigglez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what the dilly-yo?!?!?! :scared:

is this for real? do the proctors actually check??

Members don't see this ad.

Serious? well I'll bring both just incase but my whole test taking strategy was based around mechanical pencils... if this is true my potential high 30 has become a low-20....

supafield said:
Serious? well I'll bring both just incase but my whole test taking strategy was based around mechanical pencils... if this is true my potential high 30 has become a low-20....

it's not true, you can use mechanical pencils

Members don't see this ad :)
but you can bubble the answers in faster if you use regular pencils. the lead is thicker. if love your mechs, just use a mech to do your scratch work and use a regular pencil to do your bubbling. sounds crazy, but so is the MCAT.

Andromeda said:
but you can bubble the answers in faster if you use regular pencils. the lead is thicker. if love your mechs, just use a mech to do your scratch work and use a regular pencil to do your bubbling. sounds crazy, but so is the MCAT.

Wow. The lead is what, 4 times as thick? So you get done with bubbling 4 times faster?

Thereby cutting your bubbling time down from 2 minutes to 30 seconds?

Andromeda said:

:laugh: I like your thinking! Never heard of this though. It might save you like 10 seconds overall, but that 10 seconds could be the difference of a question!

If you're gonna use a mech, use .7 mm instead of .5. Bubbling in with a .5 is a pain.

I would suggest dulling your pencil to cut down on time of bubbling.

I tried to use mechanical pencils on the CBT. Bad idea. AAMC is making me pay for a new monitor.

When I bubble in the answers with my mechanial pencil I bubble in the answer WHILE going on to the next question.

I just use my mechanical pencil with the writing facing the same way the whole time... that way the radius increases by a factor of two, cutting the bubbling time down by a factor of 4... eh, it's all BS anyway :)

Good luck all...

ADeadLois said:
I tried to use mechanical pencils on the CBT. Bad idea. AAMC is making me pay for a new monitor.

I was looking at the April Score Thread....

Impressed by the Sigur Ros... definitely part of my study line up...