No movement on the waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

WishUponAStar

Hello,

I called my state school to ask about the waitlist. They said that there hasn't been any movement yet at all.

What does that mean in nonwaitlist terms? ;-)

Members don't see this ad.

That might mean that you'd have to start looking to reapplyin'.... Or you can take your chances and see whether or not you'll get accepted off the waitlist.

I'd heard stories of people getting accepted up to the day of orientation.... so there's still hope no matter how small that is.

Later, P :cool:

Popoy, you sure get around on these posts.
Wish upon a star... I am in a similar boat.. I only applied to 3 D.O. schools... Ohio, PCOM, and LECOM. I was accepted at LECOM and alternate listed at PCOM. I really want to go to PCOM bad, and I feel I have a good shot... so bottom line is keep the faith... us waitlisters have to hang in there.
Pat
Hopefully the month of June will bring some movement at your school of choice and PCOM for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and by the way... if or when I hear from PCOM... I will be giving up my seat at LECOM immediately

Kinda have A LOT of time on my hands for now.... You should see some other posters here. I'm a rookie compared to many of them. I'm waiting to start med school.... WELCOME TO SDN, Patrick O!!!

Keepin' the faith for ya'!!! Hope you get accepted to PCOM soon....

Later, P :cool:

Don't worry about the wait list. From what I've heard from being on a couple of them, the rankings don't come out until some time in mid June for many osteo schools. Check with yours to be sure. What that means is that there is NO movement until the rankings come out. When people start to decline acceptances, those places are filled by students on the wait list in order of the rankings. Also, schools with wait list rankings will usually tell you how deep into the list they went in the prior year, which should give you an idea where you stand. Another poster was correct by saying that there is movement up to the first day of classes. A friend of mine got off the wait list last year in early August and another one got off in mid August. So don't give up yet. I figure most people will start hearing about their chances in mid June. Good luck!

Never too late..... Go for it!!!