No news after interview...bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aka42

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for schools to get back to you after interviews? I haven't heard anything from this one school where I interviewed (no rejection, no acceptance, no waitlist) and it's been two weeks. Should I take that as a bad sign? Should I contact someone to ask? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It definitely varies, I didn't hear from one school (waitlist) until 3 weeks after the interview. I did however call two weeks after the interview to find out where my application stood.

I'm in the same position! It's been two weeks since my interview, and I haven't heard a word. I finally couldn't take it anymore and just e-mailed the DCT asking what the status of my application is. I have a suspicion that an offer was made to a first round of interviewees, and maybe the department is just waiting for their decisions before contacting the rest of us. I'm okay with being somebody's second pick as long as they do eventually pick me. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
ugh! same here. i had an interview on feb. 25 and havent heard a thing. when i was visiting they told all the interviewees theyd get back to us in 7-10 days! i really want to hear back -- even if its bad news -- another school is pressuring me to make a decision. im not sure i want to be a pest and email, but this is driving me crazy!

Same boat... interviewed Feb 15.... no response, despite my attempt to determine my status by inquiring through e-mail with the DCT. This seems like bad etiquette to me.

My school was very clear with the process. The Director of Grad Admissions told me exactly when they would be done with interviews and when I would hear something (one to two weeks after my interview). I heard a week and a half after my interview.

so if i were to email, you would suggest the DCT as opposed to my POI? I don't want to seem pushy and I know it's early, but it would be a relief to know where I stand.

same situation here..havent heard a word from the schools post interview when others apparently received offers to those program according to the acceptance thread. do rejection letters usually come in snail mail??