No non-clinical work... am I in big trouble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

initialize

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already submitted my app, but now I'm starting to realize how important non-clinical acitivies are for med schools. I didn't realize this until it was too late... am I screwed?

My stats are: 3.97/ 511 (126/128/128/129)

ECs:

4 years military
1 year (70 hours) unpaid tutoring
200 hours research, no pubs or presentations
65 hours shadowing
50 hours medical assistant
350 hours clinical volunteer work

Are schools going to toss my app because of this? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence ? Which schools did you apply to ?

Colorado is state of residence - I applied to 30 schools, including my in-state school, and most of the others on the east coast.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should receive interviews with your stats and your military service will help. Include the new schools such as Seton Hall, NOVA MD, Quinnipiac, Western Michigan and Oakland Beaumont.

Reactions: 1 user
You should receive interviews with your stats and your military service will help. Include the new schools such as Seton Hall, NOVA MD, Quinnipiac, Western Michigan and Oakland Beaumont.
Thank you a ton! I was freaking out like a neurotic premed... this makes me feel better.

I already submitted my app, but now I'm starting to realize how important non-clinical acitivies are for med schools. I didn't realize this until it was too late... am I screwed?

My stats are: 3.97/ 511 (126/128/128/129)

ECs:

4 years military
1 year (70 hours) unpaid tutoring
200 hours research, no pubs or presentations
65 hours shadowing
50 hours medical assistant
350 hours clinical volunteer work

Are schools going to toss my app because of this? Thanks in advance.
Being a veteran will more than make up for that!!!

And many thanks for your service to our country!

Military service counts as "nonclinical service". It checks the "service" box, and then some; it'll lead you to be seen much more favorably.