No one has yet to answer this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedman

Future dentist, I hope
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive aslked this a few times, but perhaps I wored it in an unclear manner. If a school still has an applicant as "under review", and the applicant had an early interview, what does that exactly mean. Does that mean they were loooked at, but not given a chance in the first round of acceptances? Or, does it mean it was not even looked at. And, secondly, has anyone that had interviewed been rejected as of late ( specifially Temple). So, in a way, can being :under review" still be a somewhat good thing being as that we were not rejected, or has no one really been rejected that had an interview.
any info would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

premedman said:
Ive aslked this a few times, but perhaps I wored it in an unclear manner. If a school still has an applicant as "under review", and the applicant had an early interview, what does that exactly mean. Does that mean they were loooked at, but not given a chance in the first round of acceptances? Or, does it mean it was not even looked at. And, secondly, has anyone that had interviewed been rejected as of late ( specifially Temple). So, in a way, can being :under review" still be a somewhat good thing being as that we were not rejected, or has no one really been rejected that had an interview.

I doubt anyone on here can answer your question, you should call the school and ask them instead. Unless you want to hear meaningless opinions from predents

premedman said:

A similar situation was brought up on friday to the Uconn admissions for Dental school. One guy has a scheduled interview on the 19 of Dec and his Aadsas account says that his interview was in november. so the answer to the guy's concern was that it is updated only when the staff get the chance to update it and that it is better to call and check with the school itself rather than going by what the website says. So i think the reason your status is showing that is because they haven't updated it yet which he said and i only speak of Uconn here, that they are under so much work and that updating the website is kinda hard to do at the time due to their busy schedule. Oh and one more thing, they also said that only 40% of the applicants were reviewed till now and there are many to go so they may just keep you waiting till most of whom they want to interview and compare has had his or her interview. So i think your best bet is to call the school and ask. hopefully it is an acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the answers but I must be unclear. I am not saying that AADSAS says I am "under review", the specific dental schools said i was under review. According to AADSAS, the score I am refering to is totally blank. So, to repeat myself yet again, is the fact I am "under review" a step above getting rejected? I know a person that was already accepted to Temple, and had the same interview date I did. Now, beings as that it is after dec 1st, is it possible soem of the people I interviewed with have been rejected, or is it too early for that. Does it mean that after your interview, you are either accepted, or, somehow put in a category of 'under review". It seems in the last week, all i hear of is acceptances. It seems like 99% of peopel that have interviwed so far have either been accepted, or have not heard anything

premedman said:
Thanks for the answers but I must be unclear. I am not saying that AADSAS says I am "under review", the specific dental schools said i was under review. According to AADSAS, the score I am refering to is totally blank. So, to repeat myself yet again, is the fact I am "under review" a step above getting rejected? I know a person that was already accepted to Temple, and had the same interview date I did. Now, beings as that it is after dec 1st, is it possible soem of the people I interviewed with have been rejected, or is it too early for that. Does it mean that after your interview, you are either accepted, or, somehow put in a category of 'under review". It seems in the last week, all i hear of is acceptances. It seems like 99% of peopel that have interviwed so far have either been accepted, or have not heard anything

no. you're just not good enough to get in this round. When people drop their acceptances by Jan 15 or whenever the deadline is, then you'll get another look by the adcom. Good luck and don't stress. A lot of people get the "under review" thing. I'm not sure about my status at UPENN but I guess if I don't get any mail in the next couple of days, I'll be "under review" also.

premedman said:

"Under Review" means that they are still considering your application. If you had been rejected, they would have sent you a letter that specifically says rejected. Until your are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted you and everyone else is "under review" This means it is still possible for you to be accepted!

premedman said:

After the interview, they are going to sit down, review your application and your interview performance and make a decision to either accept you for a spot in the class, put you on the alternate list, or reject you. Those are the only three options. It's easier for some schools to accept one applicant over another because of their awesome grades or whatever. They may still like the other applicant, but just want to hold off on making a decision right away. That doesn't mean that the other person who hasn't been accepted yet is going to be rejected.

Yes lots of people got acceptances last week, but a majority of us haven't yet. It's hard to sit here and hear about how excited all your friends are and still wait for your own acceptance. I am one of those people still waiting for my acceptance letter. Have patience, and your day will come. :)

tinman831 said:
After the interview, they are going to sit down, review your application and your interview performance and make a decision to either accept you for a spot in the class, put you on the alternate list, or reject you. Those are the only three options. It's easier for some schools to accept one applicant over another because of their awesome grades or whatever. They may still like the other applicant, but just want to hold off on making a decision right away. That doesn't mean that the other person who hasn't been accepted yet is going to be rejected.

Yes lots of people got acceptances last week, but a majority of us haven't yet. It's hard to sit here and hear about how excited all your friends are and still wait for your own acceptance. I am one of those people still waiting for my acceptance letter. Have patience, and your day will come. :)

Thanks for the answers . I appreciate it!! Does anyone out there know how my question applies to Temple? I am very curious because I have only herad of people with interviewes getting accepted, or still "under review". I have not really heard of anyone that has had an interview and been rejected up to this point

"No one has yet to answer this" means that everyone has answered it.

etan4 said:
"No one has yet to answer this" means that everyone has answered it.

:D

Under review simply means that your app. is still sitting with the admissions committee. They are comparing you to all of the other applicants. BU told be that mine is under review, and will be compared with all of the other applicants in the pool. Basically the school is holding on you until a better app rolls by. Sucks real bad!!

premedman said: