No Parental Support?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OnTheOtherHand

The Voice of GeneCo
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My parents disowned me when I decided to become an atheist after leaving Bible College and get a sex change (the two are only mildly related, as the conditioning from the ex-gay camps I was sent to by my parents fell off after I realized the religion was a con) and I was wondering... how am I going to pay for medical school if I can't get into my in-state school?
 
Ah, awesome. Yeah, I am kinda concerned at the sticker price of many medical school and even with the increased loan limits offered by the DoE for medical students, I might have to take out PLUS loans and since I've suffered identity theft (harder to clean up, esp when you have changed name/sex) - that might not be possible.

I am thinking that possibly, the National Health Service Corps might be a viable option but I wonder if they would pay for LECOM's accelerated program?