No preparation before Mcat course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iownhonda

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is it possible for one to take an mcat course without any preparation prior to taking it? Will I be making a ******* out of myself in class since I'll be having absolutely no knowledge of what the instructor is talking about in class?

Members don't see this ad.

The prep class is going to be a lot more useful as a review rather than the first time you study the material. I really believe that having taken all the prereq's before the MCAT is the best way to go. That way, you follow Diana's Formula for Success: study 'em in class, then you review them in your prep class, then you rock the MCAT. The preps go so fast you barely have time to give them a solid review, much less learn the material from scratch, and that's even the prep class that's four months long.

As far as reviewing on your own before class, nah. That's why you're taking the prep.

:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
DianaLynne said:
The prep class is going to be a lot more useful as a review rather than the first time you study the material. I really believe that having taken all the prereq's before the MCAT is the best way to go. That way, you follow Diana's Formula for Success: study 'em in class, then you review them in your prep class, then you rock the MCAT. The preps go so fast you barely have time to give them a solid review, much less learn the material from scratch, and that's even the prep class that's four months long.

As far as reviewing on your own before class, nah. That's why you're taking the prep.

:luck:

Yeah, I tend to agree...It's more of as refresher course than it is a beginner course. A lot of the material they cover is more conceptual and basic; prior knowledge of the material makes it much easier to comprehend rather than attempting to figure out what's going on. You would be at a major disadvantage; getting backed up and trying to making sense of what you really need to know for the exam.

Best of luck. :thumbup:

yeah, slow down and take the prereqs. learn that stuff, dude! then hit the mcat.

Sparky Man said:
yeah, slow down and take the prereqs. learn that stuff, dude! then hit the mcat.

Dude, I did take all the prereqs. I am talking about reviewing the materials you've already learned prior to taking the mcat course. I asked if it's necessary to review all of your prereqs before actually enrolling in the course, not if it's doable to learn all the prereqs in a period of roughly 2~3 months.

Iownhonda said:
Dude, I did take all the prereqs. I am talking about reviewing the materials you've already learned prior to taking the mcat course. I asked if it's necessary to review all of your prereqs before actually enrolling in the course, not if it's doable to learn all the prereqs in a period of roughly 2~3 months.

You weren't very clear...you should be able to handle the review without reviewing prior to the class...and you didnt say "review all of your pre-reqs"...

Iownhonda said:

So you are asking if you need to review for the review course? Of course not, that's why it's a review course. The way you asked, it made it seem like you had never taken the pre reqs, since you said, "I'll be having absolutely no knowledge of what the instructor is talking about in class."

willthatsall said:
So you are asking if you need to review for the review course? Of course not, that's why it's a review course. The way you asked, it made it seem like you had never taken the pre reqs, since you said, "I'll be having absolutely no knowledge of what the instructor is talking about in class."

I am very sorry, I hope that doesn't make me a slacker. Anyway, thanks for all the inputs.

I just want to apologize to all the Gs who were confounded by my former inquiry, it's just that I forgot to wash my dishes last night and I was replying while I was undergoing frustration built up by the dish-washing that was delayed to today.

Well if you don't remember ANYTHING, that could pose a problem, but you will probably remember more than you think. And it will at least come back to you faster if you've see it before.