Step I No prometric dates available, can I request another extension?

Started by maieutic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maieutic

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

We're IMGs, and my fiance wants to take Step 1 in September. This is when her free-extended triad runs out. Unfortunately, no dates are currently available. Before the pandemic, I know people were always leaving dates so getting one was never an issue, but for the last two weeks, I haven't seen a single date for Aug-Sept being freed up. I'm obviously going to continue looking for a date for her, but is there any point in her asking ECFMG for another extension since she's unable to find a prometric date? Is there also any point in calling up prometric, in case there is useful information they can offer?