No pubs in research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nerdeka

Female
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was working with my post-doc and he kind of attached me to another post-doc for this quarter which is totally fine because I'm more interested in their project.

Apparently some company is paying our lab (we have many projects going on) to research a specific thing and this is what the post-doc is currently working on.

I'm supposed to be writing up a grant (from the school) and possibly getting a poster. But am I not crazy to think this is not possible for a private company?

I'm new to research...

Members don't see this ad.

Heyo,

I'm having a little trouble understanding your question. Is your question whether you can publish research funded by a private company? If so, I believe the answer is yes (e.g. Howard Hughes Medical Institute funds a lot of researchers who publish in peer reviewed journals). It depends though, because perhaps this private company is hiring you to research or help develop some product?

Also, what are you supposed to write the grant for? If a project is already funded and happening, it is usually the case that you wouldn't need to write another grant for it unless you wanted to extend or expand the research.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user