No recent clinical experience for new cycle...

Started by aharr157
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aharr157

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
So I applied for the first time this cycle to 14 schools and got 3II and 1 Post interview rejection and waitlisted at 2 schools. Long story short, I’ve been out of school for nearly 3 years and haven’t had any clinical experience really since late 2016 (but over 500 hours). I’ve started new volunteer activities but for the past year I’ve only been working in retail to pay the bills. Will this look bad for a reapply cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just based on the scant information provided here, and perusing through your old posts, it doesn't look like the activities you started and at the time you started them are going to be enough to help you in the upcoming cycle. With that said, you did get 3 IIs so maybe it's your interviewing style.

Did you practice interviewing before going on the trail?

When did you interview?

Where did you interview?
 
Just based on the scant information provided here, and perusing through your old posts, it doesn't look like the activities you started and at the time you started them are going to be enough to help you in the upcoming cycle. With that said, you did get 3 IIs so maybe it's your interviewing style.

Did you practice interviewing before going on the trail?

When did you interview?

Where did you interview?

I did practice before I went to my first interview. I interviewed at my state school and an OOS. My first interview was IS and it was the school I was rejected at so it could have been my interview style but the second school told me it was a good interview although I was waitlisted