No rejections, no "we received your application" emails...what does that mean?

Started by DrMed2009
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrMed2009

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
I tried to not look at this thread for a few days since it started to make me nervous. I am an IMG and applied beginning of Sept. I got one rejection and two invited within the first two days but nothing since then. No rejections, no invites and not even ANY emails say "we received your application and are reviewing it". What does that mean? I applied to all TX (who invited very very early as it looks like in this forum), all OK (looks like they haven't started to invite yet at all), LS, AR, CO, KS, NM, NE programs, and Kansas City, MO and Vanderbilt (I figured I probably won't have a chance here or CO but thought what the heck, might as well try). So has anyone of you gotten any rejections from those places or email stating we are reviewing you application? I am afraid I am missing something here. I figured the problem might be that only one LOR is uploaded by the programs yet. One other letter is scanned by ECFMG but not added to ERAS post office yet and the other will probably be about 2 more days till it is scanned. Everything else is in. I would say I have a very well rounded Peds specialized CV (research, volunteer, residency, USCE etc. all in Peds and US and my home country). Bad things might be my scores which are just average around 218 and the only black mark I have is being IMG and failing Step 1 the first try, but I figured I would have at least gotten rejections if they have their filters set for Step 1 first pass. How much longer do I have to/should I wait before knowing I won't get anymore interview invites?