No response from tufts...at all-anyone else?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blanka

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else out there who hasn't heard a single thing from tufts. I haven't received an interview invitation yet but neither have i been rejected. should i expect a rejection letter to come in, its just a matter of when?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm by no means an expert on Tufts admissions, but from what I've seen I think you should be fine. They started the interview process a whole heck of a lot later than nearly every other school (They started in November as opposed to like August or September if I'm not mistaken). They also do interview offers in waves where they get a group they want to interview and send them e-mails with a set of dates to choose from. They probably don't send out another round of interview invites until that one wave is completed. I wouldn't worry just yet...it's the holidays and probably won't be back until January sometime. I think you have to wait a little to allow them time to get back into the full swing of things after the holidays and see who has deposited on Jan. 15th and who has not. Just enjoy your holidays as much as possible and don't waste time worrying! :)

yeah- i'm in the same situation at Tufts, been under review since about October on AADSAS, but nothing else

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts keeps people in their pool for quite a while. You never know when you'll get an interview, or when you'll get accepted. It's a bit nerve-wracking, but at least you know that you're still being considered.

as people have been saying, tufts' interview process begins later and lasts later than some other schools. tufts has had 5 weeks of interviews (with anywhere from 1-3 sessions per week), and their latest one was on Dec 9th. With that said, i don't believe there are anymore interview sessions until 2nd week of Jan. 2009. so not hearing something from tufts isn't necessarily a bad thing. some of my classmates were accepted way back into Feb. keep in mind that they also accept in waves (every 2 weeks) after dec 1st.

yea, i havent heard anything from them yet either

I am a D12 in Tufts. Yes I noticed that they don't start interview until late November( I Think), so just give them more time.

I received an interview invite about a week and half ago from Tufts. Possible dates ranged from Jan 8-15th.

However, I plan on canceling my Jan 15th interview :(

I really like Tufts and really want to go, but my parents, friends, and myself can't seem to pull myself away from UoP and it would be a waste of money to travel to Boston in the middle of winter with no intention of going to the school.

But on the bright side, hopefully one of you SDNers will get to fill my spot!

Good luck to you guys. :luck: