No response since secondary.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bostonmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else not heard anything from any schools since submitting the secondary application? My application is complete at Temple, St. Louis, and Mount Sinai, but I have not yet been invited for an interview nor have I been sent a rejection letter from any of them. How late do schools send out interview invitations?

Members don't see this ad.

MSSM is still interviewing from what I hear

I haven't heard from Sinai either but it's sort of a moot point since I won't be attending there anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a similar situation with another school. But all schools have to send in their class list by Monday, so I assume that friday is the last day they will interview people. Unless they are interviewing people for the WAITLIST, which would be pretty crazy.

Capt

Where did you find out that all schools must send out their class lists by Monday? I still have an interview at Albany in April and know other people with interviews at other schools in April. I also know that Tufts sends out acceptances in May.

According to AMCAS regulations, by March 15, med schools must have given at least enough admissions to fill their class. This doesn't necessarily mean that they cannot give any more admits. Each school overfills its entering class. I'm sure schools are still giving outright admissions.

In regards to Tufts:
"Applicants who interview on fall dates (October 14 through December 2) will hear from us no later than the end of December.

Applicants who interview on winter dates (January 6 through February 17) will hear from us no later than the beginning of March.

Applicants who interview on spring dates (March 2 through April 20) will hear from us no later than the middle of May."

From their selected applicants website.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

it's been said over and over on this forum. march 15 is the date by which schools should have sent out as many acceptances as they have seats. HOWEVER, most schools eventually send out more acceptances than spots since applicants may choose not to attend that school.

anyway, i'm still waiting for 8 schools post-secondary... including mount sinai, a school that i'd very much like to visit.

working on a paper saturday night, thinking about those schools that have not yet offerred me an interview... what a life!