no science classes senior yr?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paperclip330

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior non-science major who finished all pre-med req's by the end of junior yr. Last semester I took no science classes because there were no good ones offered. I have already been accepted to med school. Will it be bad if I happen to take no science classes again this semester? Students send in their final transcripts at the very end...after they are accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

No one is going to care, unless your med school has some weird rule about this. Just take fun classes and enjoy your last semester...and non-science-ness! There was no way around it, but I'm taking one (YES, finally ONE!) science class and the rest are pretty chill. It's going to be awesome.

Yes, you need to send your final transcript confirming the degree you have earned to your med school.

Transcripts are sent to not only verify degree completion but to also make sure you don't slack off with senioritis because you have a place to go after graduation. So congrats, and the best of luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, since your a non science major, I don't think there's a problem with that. Med schools are only asking for pre-req not all year science classes. + You already got accepted so I guess your okay :). Check on the non traditional student forum if your still worried about your problem. Congrats on your acceptance btw.

I am a senior non-science major who finished all pre-med req's by the end of junior yr. Last semester I took no science classes because there were no good ones offered. I have already been accepted to med school. Will it be bad if I happen to take no science classes again this semester? Students send in their final transcripts at the very end...after they are accepted?

You've already been accepted? Congrats! What's the problem? Why do you need science classes? You're in. Enjoy it :)

I've been accepted and I am a Biochemistry major. My final semester of college I took these courses

Physical Anthropology
History 101
Honors World Literature
Saints and Sexuality

I don't think they really care as long as you actually do fulfill your science requirements.

I've been accepted and I am a Biochemistry major. My final semester of college I took these courses

Physical Anthropology
History 101
Honors World Literature
Saints and Sexuality

I don't think they really care as long as you actually do fulfill your science requirements.

Haha, interesting...

Not surprising. My uni has a human sexuality course that is considered one of the easiest classes on campus.

Oh mine does too and I'm taking it next semester, although I've heard it isn't an easy A so we'll see what that's about soon. The "saints" part just threw me off but I guess that's how you attract students.