Quantcast

No secondary essay = no secondary application fee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SailCrazy

I gotta have more cowbell
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
If a school doesn't have secondary essays, does that mean that there also is no secondary application fee? Do they jump straight to interview invite vs. rejection?

If so, I'm considering adding a couple more (non-secondary application) schools! :thumbup:

Also, I found this quote in a previous thread. It lists some of the non-secondary school. I've searched but couldnt find a thread out there that comprehensively lists the schools that do not have secondary essays. If there is one, please post the link here.

Thanks! :)

sockandmittens said:
some schools however did not have secondary essays at least penn, cornell (asks only why cornell), gw (why gw), bu, harvard, ucsf, jefferson (why jeff) though most did.

MollyMalone

I'm a Score Quadruplet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, they all want the money.

medicomel

Purveyor of short posts.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, check out this year's MSAR. They all have secondary application fees listed, don't they?

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SailCrazy said:
If a school doesn't have secondary essays, does that mean that there also is no secondary application fee? Do they jump straight to interview invite vs. rejection?
:)

Sorry Sail, only in your dreams!!! There are some schools with no secondary essays that still make you pay a secondary fee. :rolleyes: Check out the MSAR for more info on the fees from the schools that interest you.

titoincali

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SailCrazy said:

If so, I'm considering adding a couple more (non-secondary application) schools! :thumbup:

Also, I found this quote in a previous thread. It lists some of the non-secondary school. I've searched but couldnt find a thread out there that comprehensively lists the schools that do not have secondary essays. If there is one, please post the link here.

I've received 1 that doesn't have a secondary essay but it still wanted money. Nice thought though! :laugh:

sweetrts

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
no secondary essay does not mean no secondary fee...it means you get to just write out a check instead of a check and 300 words on why you're special or whatever question they happen to ask.

zero2hero

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
They all want our money.

ernieraisin

life is good
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
some schools (ex. BU) have no secondary but want your moeny while others (ex: medical college of gerogia) have secondary but no fee.

tennisnr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SailCrazy said:

ALSO no secondary ESSAY means just that there is no ESSAY. There is still a secondary application with those schools and therefore an application fee.

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCG=FREE! I like them more because of it...

gotgame83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone name a few schools with no secondary other then money, if there are a few I might have to expand my application list lol

SailCrazy

I gotta have more cowbell
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I suppose that would just be too good to be true!

I think I'm suffering from a serious case of buyer's remorse as I think about all the secondary essays I just paid AMCAS for the opportunity to complete! :eek:

Maybe I should have put "no secondary essays" high on my list of important characteristics for prospective schools! :D

ernieraisin

life is good
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
willthatsall said:
MCG=FREE! I like them more because of it...

i know...isnt that wonderful? but those darn 4 essay question....

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Although it does seem like a rip to pay 30$ a school, if you had to enter coursework or send transcripts to all schools you would go insane.

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
University of Oklahoma = Secondary fee, no secondary app
UT Southwestern = Secondary app, no secondary fee

hmmmmm......

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SailCrazy said:

LOL! :) Break out the checkbook. Mayo's secondary literally is "send us money" and sign here.