No updates on School-specific Threads (top 20-30)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dfa1513

me irl^
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of the 20 top-20/30 school threads I am subscribed to, there have been an average of 1-2 replies per day these past 2 weeks, rather than the 6-7 I've been used to (regarding interview invites).

Is this bc:

a) Schools are sending out less interview invites now than in the past few weeks -> less SDN members get II -> less SDN members post
b) Schools are sending out an equal # of interview invites now as they have been in the past few weeks -> SDN members have many interviews/middle of interview season and too busy to update for each II/not wanting to post
c) your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm actually voting for B.

The end of October is still...early. November is like still pretty good in the game for interviews. Like for example, I have a friend who heard from two interviews this past week, and didn't post on SDN. Remember SDN is a small proportion of premeds, and even fewer actually posting. people who are excited at the beginning when they've had no interviews post, and then people stop posting.

Reactions: 1 users
i'm actually voting for B.

The end of October is still...early. November is like still pretty good in the game for interviews. Like for example, I have a friend who heard from two interviews this past week, and didn't post on SDN. Remember SDN is a small proportion of premeds, and even fewer actually posting. people who are excited at the beginning when they've had no interviews post, and then people stop posting.

Thanks for your thoughts! I was just curious about this, cuz I was used to getting so many notifs in the early weeks of august and september haha

Many top 20 schools stop interviewing around December. So for those it is actually A.

Many top 20 schools stop interviewing around December. So for those it is actually A.

False.

I know someone at Yale who got his interview in February.

They interview throughout the season until February and March.

Reactions: 1 user