No word from NYU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jackbauer!

who has not heard a word from NYU? (i.e. no interview, no rejection)....

my stuff has been in for a loooooong time and have heard nothing! at first i was cool with this b/c NYU seemed a bit pricey (and wasn't sure if i'd take the interview anyways), but it seems like i keep hearing how NYU if moving in a great direction.

do you think that they are waiting until they hear back from the dec1st acceptees to put down a deposit, or is it likely we will never receive an interview and a rejection is imminent?

Members don't see this ad.

you got the first acknowledgment email right?

I got my rejection from NYU today! Yeah!!!:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my rejection from NYU today! Yeah!!!:eek:

WTF....your dat scores are great. what is NYU looking for??

jb! :)

and yes, i do believe i received that e-mail.....it was sooo long ago though lol

ANybody else??!

i havnt heard anything from nyu, either:)
just gotta wait, i guess.

I called NYU today... they said there are still at least a hundred applications they haven't actually looked at other than the basic GPA and DAT run through.

How exciting for me.
:confused:

WTF....your dat scores are great. what is NYU looking for??

jb! :)

and yes, i do believe i received that e-mail.....it was sooo long ago though lol

ANybody else??!

I am still waiting to hear from them as well. I called a couple of days ago and they said my application is under review right now, so I am hoping to hear something soon. Honestly, I do not think they are going after high DATs necessarily, but might want higher GPA. According to the ADEA info on predents.com they had an overall GPA of 3.14 and sci GPA of 3.01. To me, I personally think they might be looking to attract applicants with higher GPAs. Good luck to all guys and gals still waiting to hear!

i've heard NOTHING from NYU. it's strange how so many well qualified applicants are getting rejected.

Yeah... its quite surprising to see so many qualified students getting rejected.... what are they exactly looking for?

ya nothing here. However, I called a couple days ago and they said I am getting something for sure...

Me too...yesterday in the mail...argggg.

Wow. That might actually be a crime against all that is sane and sensible!! Wow.

JB, nothing but love from me bro. Best of luck to you!

Mack

Members don't see this ad :)
in a good way or a bad way? i hope good, bro... or ma'am.

i am a bro..they wouldn't tell me if it's good or bad..i tried asking but she said wait till friday to get the mail and if I don't get it by friday, call and they'll resend it. I hope it's good but if not, It's okay too because I have been accepted to another school

I called them the other day..the guy told me everyone should be getting something if you interviewed pre-dec 1st. I did but i'm expecting a rejection..b/c that's just how its turned out so far and NYU only seems to want to accept people w/ 3.5+ and/or 20+ DATs...5 interviews pre-dec 1st, 4 waitlists...and expecting that big adios from NYU any day now....but that's just me, im a worrier.

okay so last day of the week and still nothing. the mail already came today and nothing from NYU.

i wonder if it got lost...is anybody else in the same boat?

bus.... mail doesn't just "get lost". it sounds like that guy or gal was just pulling your chain or something.... "call us if you don't get it and we'll resend" ??? wtf does that mean?

just my opinion,
jb!

bus.... mail doesn't just "get lost". it sounds like that guy or gal was just pulling your chain or something.... "call us if you don't get it and we'll resend" ??? wtf does that mean?

just my opinion,
jb!

hey jb, did you receive your packet/letter yet? I forget but did you interview there or were you expecting an acceptance without an interview?

i'll wait till monday if don't receive anything, then I am calling....

i'm not expecting an acceptance w/o interview..... i just haven't heard squat from NYU and my app has been complete since august.

for those that called....is it hard to get through? are the ppl friendly?

jb!:)

and if you don't get through, just call five minutes later, and you will get through to them

I live in Southern California, and I just received a mail from NYU last night... but it was postmarked on December 1st! So those of you who haven't received a mail from NYU, just hold on and sit tight. It will eventually get to you

I live in Southern California, and I just received a mail from NYU last night... but it was postmarked on December 1st! So those of you who haven't received a mail from NYU, just hold on and sit tight. It will eventually get to you

was it good or bad?

I haven't heard a thing from NYU. Most of the people I know who applied there already had their interviews so WTF! I don't know whats going on.

I haven't heard a thing from NYU. Most of the people I know who applied there already had their interviews so WTF! I don't know whats going on.

ucf...what's the deal, man? you and i are getting screwed...... first uf, and now nyu is down playin us..

jb!

got waitlisted

So did I, I interviewed like 2 weeks ago, received the letter today too & am waitlisted as well.

By the way, Hey guys, I'm speeddater, I've been a spectator for a while, but I just had to join in on the SDN party so here's to the good times that lie ahead, lol, heh

Keep your head up fellow waitlistees, we'll pull through this one eventually :)

ucf...what's the deal, man? you and i are getting screwed...... first uf, and now nyu is down playin us..

jb!

Yeah for real. But on the bright side, the day after I got the reject letter from UF I got an email from Tufts about an interview. It's perfect because its the day before the BU interview.

i just got a letter yesterday. acceptance w/o interview. don't worry, i'll decline and open a spot for someone else. Hopefully, you guys get in.

i just got a letter yesterday. acceptance w/o interview. don't worry, i'll decline and open a spot for someone else. Hopefully, you guys get in.

congrats, what are your stats like?

4, 22, 20

okay that explains acceptance without an interview.

okay so mail came today and still nothing from NYU.....arghhhh

anybody else in the same position?

I didn't receive anything yet either....:mad: It better not be lost...:mad: Where u located busdent?

did anyone that got an interview get rejected?

how many people get waitlisted?

thanks

i called today and was told that my file is "under review"... wtf does that mean?.....my stuff has been in since august.

jb!

I interviewed at NYU back in early november and still haven't heard anything. I'm assuming its a rejection. I think its safe to assume that they would have been very prompt in sending out an acceptance....damn..and even if its a waitlist, that sucks...i can't take being placed on anymore waitlists.

I interviewed on Dec 1st and was accepted today. However, i plan to attend UCLA so a spot will open up soon. gl all.

I called them the other day..the guy told me everyone should be getting something if you interviewed pre-dec 1st. I did but i'm expecting a rejection..b/c that's just how its turned out so far and NYU only seems to want to accept people w/ 3.5+ and/or 20+ DATs...5 interviews pre-dec 1st, 4 waitlists...and expecting that big adios from NYU any day now....but that's just me, im a worrier.

For family reasons, I'm pushing pretty hard at the NY schools. I interviewed pre-dec 1'st, but still haven't yet received notice of their decision, so I am in the same boat as you. How far before dec 1'st did you interview with them ?

hardil, if you don't mind sharing, what are your stats?

nhile my stats were 3.4 20/21/18. But i think it was theinterview ....dint do that gr8....wot abt urself? what do u think was it the interview or stats???n wot do u think abt the waitlist...hard to get in now?