no writing sample

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandemia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as you know there wont be any writing sample in the 2013-2014 cycle. I was wondering if it would affect the quality of questions in anyway since you could pretty much get out of the exam an hour early. Would they make the other sections harder or just leave it as it is?

Members don't see this ad.

So as you know there wont be any writing sample in the 2013-2014 cycle. I was wondering if it would affect the quality of questions in anyway since you could pretty much get out of the exam an hour early. Would they make the other sections harder or just leave it as it is?

Does it really matter? They "curve" anyway so the difficulty of the questions isn't a factor.

Regardless you'd want to walk out feeling confident or going in knowing it'll be a bit more challenging than previous years due to these changes

Members don't see this ad :)

No. The only thing that is changing in 2013-2014 is the dropping of the writing section and replacing it with an optional "test run" for the 2015 MCAT. The format of the exam won't be changing until 2015.

The whole test is standardized so it really doesn't matter how difficult it id