Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Nocturnal?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by florisio, Feb 22, 2002.

1. florisio

florisio Member

I'd thought I'd pose this question while I was taking a break between doing some work at 5:30 AM. Is anyone else nocturnal? I personally like it quite a bit. Basically my schedule entails waking up at around 11 PM, working through the night, going to class in the morning and then sleeping from usually 3 to 11 during the day. I don't see many other people around (like none) during these hours. Perhaps that is why I like it so much. Does anyone else prefer this kind of schedule?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. johnM

johnM Senior Member

You don't see people at night in NYC? Where are you looking? I did the same sort of thing for two years as an undergrad, but it just gets annoying, since there would be things that I had to do in the afternoon/evening. I am totally not a morning person, but I decided that I needed to try, and I'm learning to enjoy wake-up at 6AM gig.

4. carddr

carddr Senior Member

Love those nights!! Worked into a routine in my last years of medicine school, and did all nighters more than not, I don't normally require a lot of sleep and take "power" naps of 10/15 mins and I am ready to go for another 8 hours. I still stay up until 2 or 3am and love it. Hope this serves me well in surgery. BTW,I tried group studying and couldn't hack it, too slow for me. Maybe I didn't find the right group. Anybody else prefer the "me and my books" or rather the group scene? Just curious...

Hate the morning , need lots of caffine to barely fuction. Going to be interesting to see me embrace those early morning rounds!!!