SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Nocturnal?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by florisio, Feb 22, 2002.

1. florisio

florisio Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2001
    I'd thought I'd pose this question while I was taking a break between doing some work at 5:30 AM. Is anyone else nocturnal? I personally like it quite a bit. Basically my schedule entails waking up at around 11 PM, working through the night, going to class in the morning and then sleeping from usually 3 to 11 during the day. I don't see many other people around (like none) during these hours. Perhaps that is why I like it so much. Does anyone else prefer this kind of schedule?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. johnM

johnM Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    You don't see people at night in NYC? Where are you looking? I did the same sort of thing for two years as an undergrad, but it just gets annoying, since there would be things that I had to do in the afternoon/evening. I am totally not a morning person, but I decided that I needed to try, and I'm learning to enjoy wake-up at 6AM gig.

4. carddr

carddr Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Love those nights!! Worked into a routine in my last years of medicine school, and did all nighters more than not, I don't normally require a lot of sleep and take "power" naps of 10/15 mins and I am ready to go for another 8 hours. I still stay up until 2 or 3am and love it. Hope this serves me well in surgery. BTW,I tried group studying and couldn't hack it, too slow for me. Maybe I didn't find the right group. Anybody else prefer the "me and my books" or rather the group scene? Just curious...

Hate the morning , need lots of caffine to barely fuction. Going to be interesting to see me embrace those early morning rounds!!!