Nocturnist neurohospitalist salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mrbreakfast

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a hypothetical question on employment that I thought I'd ask here.

Academic institution pays X annual salary for full-time neurohospitalist attending daytime coverage (7/7 model). Institution is moving to implement overnight attending in-house coverage as well. If you had to estimate, what would you think the salary would be? Or, what would you ask for (as a percentage of X)? A quick search online suggests nocturnists make 10-20% more than day shift (so 1.10-1.2 of X) but I haven't actually seen any nocturnist neurology jobs being advertised, let alone in academics, and I wouldn't want to start negotiations with an opening ask that is going to offend people; on the other hand, I'm obviously going to want a decent salary increase for overnight work.

Thanks!
 
A few years back, I was offered a $350k-375k nocturnist neurohospitalist job at a major academic center. I don’t remember If it was 7/7 or Monday- Friday, need to check my email, but your ass still needed to be present for noon/lunch lectures.