non academic letter of recommendation

Started by danala78
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

danala78

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I've asked a former boss (he moved on to another company) to write me a recommendation. He only knows me in the context of my current day job which has nothing to do with the health profession. What should be in it?

Also, I have been working for about a month (45 hours, so far) in a dentist's office and would like to ask him for a rec, but wonder if it's a good idea. I've seen a lot of stuff since most people come in after work. He's the sole dentist and I'm the only assistant because I work from 5pm to 9 pm, twice a week, plus every other Saturday 10-2. What do you think?