Non accredited fellowship with Dr.Thuluvath

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scope guy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have info on this private practice TWO YEAR hepatology fellowship under Dr.Thuluvath? Is this a good place to do fellowship as a bridge to GI? Strange to me that they have only two year positions but no in house GI

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure he also helps run the UMaryland GI program through mercy medical center.

Anyone have info on this private practice TWO YEAR hepatology fellowship under Dr.Thuluvath? Is this a good place to do fellowship as a bridge to GI? Strange to me that they have only two year positions but no in house GI
he is an interesting guy... runs the mercy program with UMD which is a part of his private practice..maybe if he likes you enough x 2 years he may take you in the mercy program... he was pretty academic in his prime back when he was in JHU... Had a major fall out with a transplant surgeon and quit hopkins...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
he is an interesting guy... runs the mercy program with UMD which is a part of his private practice..maybe if he likes you enough x 2 years he may take you in the mercy program... he was pretty academic in his prime back when he was in JHU... Had a major fall out with a transplant surgeon and quit hopkins...
to my knowledge, he doesn't run GI program. also whats the need for 2 years of liver training?

Reactions: 1 user
like site director of affiliate site?

it functions as the "track" of the UMD program.. you spend some time in mercy and some time in umd..the mercy part is basically his private practice ..and the umd part is the same as regular umd program.. it seems he calls shot of who gets x umd-mercy track...

i do agree 2 years liver is a waste of time...especially in a community setting when you are basically baby sitting the drunks of baltimore..

to my knowledge, he doesn't run GI program. also whats the need for 2 years of liver training?
The mercy track there is 2 years after 1 year at UMD. You spend a majority of the time with the thuluvath private GI group at mercy as your GI training. Significantly different experience it seems than the traditional categorical 3 years at UMD.

The mercy track there is 2 years after 1 year at UMD. You spend a majority of the time with the thuluvath private GI group at mercy as your GI training. Significantly different experience it seems than the traditional categorical 3 years at UMD.
thanks, this liver fellowship by itself is 2 years but it is non accredited. No GI training part of this

I don't know anything about this position or this physician but anyone who is dedicating 2 years to Hepatology should go to the NIH/ do the NIDDK fellowship, or any program that has a well established program. There are plenty of top tier programs who would LOVE to take folks on to do their research, nothing about this position poste here rivals that.