Non-Cali residents applying to USC, UOP, and UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSXer

:) UoMBCDSCo07 :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like there are a few peeps here that have gotten interviews at the above schools....but I'm assuming all of those who have interviews thus far are from California. Am I correct in saying that??

I'm a non-Cali resident (MD resident), but was in the first batch and haven't heard from these schools. UCSF, I know why I haven't gotten an interview ....haven't finished the frickin secondary :rolleyes: But how bout the other schools? Anyone?

Harvard is the other one that peeps have interviews scheduled for, but I haven't heard from them yet. :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

Just like you I haven't heard from UCSF cuz I did not turn in the secondary yet :). Also I haven't heard from Harvard either. Damn them.

I'm a cali resident and do have interviews set up for UOP and USC. However, I don't think they have preference for cali residents b/c both are private schools. But I know that UCSF do give priority to california applicants since its a public school.

Thanks Juan. Yes, that's exactly why I applied to these schools in California. They are supposd to not give too much, or any at all, preference to California residents....yet it looks like a lot of the interviewees so far are from California.

But I guess its a good sign that no one else has posted here. THat means that there aren't any non-Cali residents that have interviewed at these schools yet....right?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys... take it from me, GET IN YOUR SECONDARY EARLY!! The earlier you turn it in, the faster you get an interview. And as a general trend, we know that the earlier the you get your interview, the earlier you will be notified of your acceptance. Because some other schools don't have secondaries, or they're really short, you will probably get interviews from other schools faster. So if you want to hear from all the schools you interviewed at around the same time, in order to make a decision and put down ONE deposit, turn in your UCSF secondary ASAP. That way you don't have to put deposits down at a couple schools, waiting for another to respond. Some of my classmates were notified really late in the application process of their interview or acceptance status, and had wished they turned in their secondary early. But with that in mind, make sure you take your time to answer all the questions to the best of your ability.. I think they really do read all of your answers, and your interview invite could be affected by it.

Also, I think that because UCSF is a state-funded school, they generally accept Cali residents, but if you are strong out-of-state applicant, I say go for it. There are around 10 people in my class who are out of state...a pretty good amount. Good luck.

Any out-of-stater heard from these schools yet?? i'm still waiting... :(

~Qoo

I just interviewed at UOP on 10/24 and there was this one guy from Utah that had a UCSF interivew set up for that friday or monday. He told me that he just called UCSF and told them that he was having an interview at UOP on 10/24 and asked if they would offer him an interview close to that date so that he could save another trip to san frisco. And they just gave him an interview date, just like that. He said that by that time he didn't even send in the secondary yet. He mailed it out a couple days after confirming the interview date by phone. Hope this helps.

I had an interview with USC on Friday, and there were quite a few people who were out of state there (Texas, Nevada, Indiana).

ouch. Well, this hurts. I still haven't heard from these schools. :confused: