Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of us who don't want or have an iPod, what other products have you been considering? Back in the day (5 years ago
), I was considering the Creative Nomad Jukebox, but the bulkiness was the main factor that made me wait. So I've got two choices now:
iAudio M3 (20gb)
iRiver H-320 (20gb)
I wasn't too keen on the carbon fiber skin of the iRiver, but when I went to the store, it didn't look that bad at all. Anyone give Sony's HD player any thought? I just heard that there was some problems on the device caused by the ATRAC3 format. But it is very slick.
), I was considering the Creative Nomad Jukebox, but the bulkiness was the main factor that made me wait. So I've got two choices now:iAudio M3 (20gb)
iRiver H-320 (20gb)
I wasn't too keen on the carbon fiber skin of the iRiver, but when I went to the store, it didn't look that bad at all. Anyone give Sony's HD player any thought? I just heard that there was some problems on the device caused by the ATRAC3 format. But it is very slick.
I've casually dropped it plenty of times, and no problems here. The included FM radio and mic work great, and it's really nice having a color screen - I can't stand looking at those monochrome iPod screens anymore. All that, and my 20GB model was $50 less than the comparable iPod model after rebate. Yes, the iRiver is a bit awkward to navigate at first, but you get used to it, and I've found that turning your thumb 4 degrees to change something like on the iPod is far more awkward than hitting a button like on the iRiver. And I wish the iRiver had a nice cheap case instead of the crap case it comes with, and a dock I could buy for it. Still, I'd rather have the $50 savings and the additional features the iRiver has, so it gets my vote.