non matriculated "grad" student taking undergraduate classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

common man

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i earned my bs already. i'm going to take some undergrad classes at temple this spring through continuing education. my status is a "non-matriculated grad" student. i am NOT enrolled in a graduate program (or any degree program for that matter). i will NOT be entereing any graduate program.

do my undergraduated classes at temple count towards graduate gpa because i'm a "grad" student? i hope not. i'll check with temple university but wanted to ask if someone here has experience with this. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm sorry. i made the thread after a cursory search.

after scouring through some threads...

Ok... So.

It's a complicated definition. Here is the official AMCAS Guide to filling in your coursework.

=======================================

The following rules will help you determine the appropriate AMCAS School Year for all of your course work (including foreign course work):

· Do not assign more than one status to a term.

· Once your undergraduate Academic Status (FR, SO, JR, SR) has advanced (e.g., FR to SO), do not assign the previous status (e.g., FR) to subsequently completed course work.

· Assign High School (HS) status to college-level courses taken while you were in high school, regardless of the physical location of the college-level course.

· Assign Freshman (FR) status to Advanced Placement, Exempt, or CLEP credit awarded when you first entered college.

· Junior/Community College courses (e.g., associate degree course work) should usually be listed as FR or SO if you took them before you attended a four-year institution. For attendance longer than two years at the same school, JR status - depending on the number of credits - may be entered.

· Assign the upcoming status to summer session courses (e.g., summer courses between your freshman and sophomore years should be assigned Sophomore (SO) status).

· Courses for a Bachelor's degree earned in three years should be assigned Freshman (FR), Sophomore (SO), or Senior (SR) statuses.

· Courses for a Bachelor's degree earned in more than four years should be assigned statuses of Freshman (FR), Sophomore (SO), Junior (JR), Senior (SR), Senior (SR), etc.

· Assign Post Baccalaureate (PB) status to any undergraduate level course work you enrolled in:

· After receipt of your initial BA/BS degree.

· While enrolled in a graduate program, if course work is not applied to a graduate degree.

· Assign Graduate (GR) status to any professional or graduate-level course work that is not applied to an undergraduate degree.

· Do NOT assign Graduate (GR) status to any professional or graduate-level course work applied to an undergraduate degree. Assign appropriate undergraduate status (FR, SO, JR, SR).

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6129329&postcount=8