Non-post bac options/advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted889667

I am currently a junior public health major, with a 3.7 overall GPA and a 3.3 science GPA. In order to complete the requirements for my major, each of my remaining semesters are filled out with necessary classes to graduate on time. With this being said, I will be unable to take 3 reqs for med school....orgo 1&2, and biochem.

What are some options I could do to take these classes? I would take them over the summer between my junior and senior year at my institution, but I am planning on researching with a faculty member for the summer. So my options would be limited to after I graduate. Would a post bac program be the best option? Or would taking these classes alone at a local school be the best option? Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a junior public health major, with a 3.7 overall GPA and a 3.3 science GPA. In order to complete the requirements for my major, each of my remaining semesters are filled out with necessary classes to graduate on time. With this being said, I will be unable to take 3 reqs for med school....orgo 1&2, and biochem.

What are some options I could do to take these classes? I would take them over the summer between my junior and senior year at my institution, but I am planning on researching with a faculty member for the summer. So my options would be limited to after I graduate. Would a post bac program be the best option? Or would taking these classes alone at a local school be the best option? Any advice is appreciated!
Why do you need to graduate "on time"? Why not just take an extra year? That would also give you more time to fill in the ECs like volunteering and shadowing that you also need.

You're asking this question in the non-trad forum, where folks have typically taken several years after graduation to do other things before going for med school, so your concept of "on time" isn't really a thing we care about over here. i.e. I started med school this year, 11 years after graduating college, so I am underwhelmed by the possibility of someone taking one more year to do it right.

Reactions: 1 user
I need to graduate on time for purposes related to my financial aid. I will post this on another forum to see if anyone has some advice. My apologies!

No worries. Best of luck.
But really though, time limits are generally self imposed, so do keep the possibility of another year in mind as an option. Financial aid as a 5th year senior is also much easier to wrangle than as a per-course post-bacc. You should talk to your fin aid office if that's the hang up for you.

Reactions: 1 user