Non-PT owned clinic?

Started by Manzielin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Manzielin

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not going into physical therapy, but have always believed in PT as the best form of treatment and have always wanted to start a clinic. Can I do this without a dpt degree? I obviously wouldn't practice I would just hire pts and fund the clinic. Anyone know someone who has done this?
 
It varies by state. South Carolina stipulates that only licensed PT's can own a PT clinic but most states allow MD's to do that (physician owned PT services). You need to check the statutes of each state. The law determines who can and cannot own a PT clinic.