Non PTCAS decision while waiting for ED decision

Started by state68
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

state68

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone ever applied to a non PTCAS school during the waiting period for Early Decision for PTCAS? I applied early decision and also applied to a non PTCAS school that has rolling admissions. My concern is that if I am accepted into the non PTCAS school and have to send the deposit in prior to hearing back from my Early Decision and then find out that I am accepted into my Early Decision school, are there any ramifications other than losing my deposit? I think the time frame is going to be three weeks or so- I just don't want to end up turning down one school and then finding out I didn't get into my Early Decision school. Obviously my Early Decision school is my first choice.
 
Wow, you got yourself in a pickle! However, I do see how that is strategic so I respect that. From what I know, ED students hear back from programs in Late Sept. And I highly doubt your non-PTCAS program will accept you before then (possibly offer you an interview before late Sept, though). So your situation depends on the non-ptcas program you are applying to so I'd give them a call first and ask when interviews start or when the first round of acceptances are sent!