Non-rolling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trudub

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What non-rolling schools is everyone waiting to hear from? When do they start sending out letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Penn..........I think we'll hear back in early March <i hope> :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you interview at Duke?

UPenn! :love:

Also, Yale after I interview there tomorrow! :D

Does anyone know when Duke will be sending out decisions? Is it the first week of March?

I'm also waiting on Duke!

If I remember correctly, Duke is sending out one round of notifications mid-March and another round in late March. They said it's logistically too difficult to send out all the letters at once.

When I called Duke a few days back, they said "first week of March" and when I called 1 month and a half ago, they said specifically March 6th. I don't know if the information I got was from someone not in the know, so I hope this helps ;-) Also, decisions will _not_ appear on the status page is what I was told.

-Entol

Originally posted by clowne
Does anyone know when Duke will be sending out decisions? Is it the first week of March?

That's what Dr. Armstrong said. You don't have to wait by the mailbox because supposedly Duke calls you first if you've been accepted.

Yale.

Columbia.

Northwestern. (well, they have two admission dates, one in Nov. and one in Feb.)

Originally posted by oldtimer
That's what Dr. Armstrong said. You don't have to wait by the mailbox because supposedly Duke calls you first if you've been accepted.

Really? So I just need to wait by the phone instead.

Oldtimer - if you get in, are you going there?

How about a list with best estimates of date and method for the primarily non-rolling...revise and add as you see fit.

Columbia
mail, last week of February/first week of March

Cornell
????

Duke
mail (phone call possible), first week of March

Harvard
????

Northwestern
mail (phone call possible), last week of February

Penn
mail, mid-March

Yale
????

I'm fairly certain Penn's decision can be seen online on the status page. Not sure how soon they'll post it tho, ie before or after the letter is sent. Far and above they're my #1 choice ;-)

-Entol

Let's make this a thread all its own!

Originally posted by ATPase
Really? So I just need to wait by the phone instead.

Oldtimer - if you get in, are you going there?

Duke is a great school. Little turned off by the 1 year basic sciences, but the students there seem to think it's a great idea. Besides, most students there don't take their step 1 until end of third year! Having that basic sciences knowledge, 1 year of clinical experience, and delaying step 1 by a year gives Duke students a very unfair advantage over other medical students across the country IMHO. But hey, you have to work with what you're given, right? :D I could go on and on. So, yes, I probably would go there if accepted. :clap: I know you applied there also and I hope that you get in! ;)

I thought Penn emailed with a link to the status page once final decisions were posted.

Originally posted by scrabbler
I thought Penn emailed with a link to the status page once final decisions were posted.

That's what I remember at the interview

-Entol