Non-science LOR List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anoxredcat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been getting quite a lot of advice to definitely get a non-science LOR. I am going to assume this is going to be a non-science professor. When I planned out my undergrad schedule, I squeezed everything non-science into my first 2 semesters in freshman year. I did however ask a public speaking professor to write me a LOR for a summer research program I got in, and updated him on what I accomplished later in the program. He is the only person I have in mind to ask...

Would it be helpful for the sdn community if we listed schools that require NS LORs or just straight up ask him?

Members don't see this ad.

Does your school have a pre-health/pre-med committee that writes a committee letter or prepares a committee packet? If so, vast majority of medical schools prefer those over individual letters. In almost all of those cases, the committee letter and packet overrules whatever individual letter requirements the med school has.

Does your school have a pre-health/pre-med committee that writes a committee letter or prepares a committee packet? If so, vast majority of medical schools prefer those over individual letters. In almost all of those cases, the committee letter and packet overrules whatever individual letter requirements the med school has.
No committee