Non-Science LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icestreak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a sophomore in bioengineering and looking at my future courses, it seems like my English 102 course is my last non-science course, excluding BE courses that focus on ethics/non-sciency sounding subjects. I've had the professor in a previous course and I believe she likes me (mainly because no one else tries in the class) but otherwise, she isn't really close to me. Although I have some doubts, I think I will eventually be asking her to write my non-science LOR. Should I ask her now to write me my non-science LOR or ask her in a year or two, closer to the application process?

Members don't see this ad.

When you say English 102 will be your last non-science course, do you mean that you have yet to take it? If that's the case, make an effort to build a stronger relationship with her before asking so that she can write a better letter for you.

I'm currently taking it now. So I should ask her near the end of the semester and not like a year from now when I'll need it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ask her at the end of the semester, when memories of you are fresh. If your school has a letter service, use it to keep your letter until you're ready to send it. If not, then use a service like Interfolio that will keep letters for you and send it to AMCAS when you need to.