Non Science LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrmandrake

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question,

Does my LOR from the MD I shadowed count as a non science LOR? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If I'm not mistaken, a non-science LOR refers to a LOR from a faculty member in the humanities. A LOR from an MD would definitely be out of that realm.

Some schools require that the rec come from someone who taught you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to use research PI for a science, and my school said wth you need a letter from a class you've taken. So the MD one you have there could be used for extra rec letter.

If I'm not mistaken, a non-science LOR refers to a LOR from a faculty member in the humanities. A LOR from an MD would definitely be out of that realm.

Which schools specify that it should be Huamanities? I've seen a bunch say "non-science", and at least one say "humanities or social science".

Which schools specify that it should be Huamanities? I've seen a bunch say "non-science", and at least one say "humanities or social science".
I would say 90% of schools..humanities or social sciences would work.

non-science is almost always a faculty member from a field outside the BCPM divisions. A physician letter is going to be just an additional letter- read each schools secondaries closely some are very open to extra letters others don't like it- only send a school what they request or show they are open to!