Non-science/math prerequisites >10 years old?

Started by CATXCALA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CATXCALA

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings all, and thanks for all the help you've provided as I start a journey toward med school.

I'm 30 y/o now. Graduated 2012 with undergrad degree in Politics (took almost zero science). Honors thesis. Rhodes Scholarship nominee and Marshall Scholarship finalist. Had incredibly formative 6 year career in community organizing before deciding to pursue medicine (long story). I'm preparing to do a DIY postbacc starting this summer, and I've begun working as an ER tech, which I intend to do until matriculation (fingers crossed!)

I need to take all my science prerequisites, but my question is about non-science pre-reqs, i.e. social science, humanities. I took many, many of those in college, but they will be 10 years old by the time I apply in 2022.

Meanwhile, all my science and math prerequisites will have been completed within 3 years prior to application.

Do I need to be concerned about re-taking these non-science prerequisites?

Many thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agree with above responses. I am a career changer so all of my science prerequisites were recent but I did not have any current math or humanities courses. I did not get asked about any of those courses. But like others have said you can check with schools individually when you start applying. Best wishes!