Non-Science Research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caianya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I published a paper on health law back in the day. Would that count as research for the purposes of med school admissions?

Would I be able to continue working in health law topics until I get set up in a science lab?

Actually, should this be moved to the Pre-Med forum?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably move to the pre-med forum.
If you did hypothesis-based research, then it counts as research. Some schools like more bench research, but not all places are bent that way. Most what to know that you understand the ins and outs of forming and testing a hypothesis.

I published a paper on health law back in the day. Would that count as research for the purposes of med school admissions?

Would I be able to continue working in health law topics until I get set up in a science lab?

Actually, should this be moved to the Pre-Med forum?

I am pretty sure this counts as research, as there are many forms of research from basic science, clinical, sociology, public health/policy, law and med reform etc. All these types of research purpose a question and research data and then discussion of results. I personally think its unique and depending on your level of involvement can be later applied to medicine.

I think it's up to you if you want to pursue a "science" lab.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty sure this counts as research, as there are many forms of research from basic science, clinical, sociology, public health/policy, law and med reform etc. All these types of research purpose a question and research data and then discussion of results. I personally think its unique and depending on your level of involvement can be later applied to medicine.

I think it's up to you if you want to pursue a "science" lab.

Um, I'm not so sure about that. Most of legal research in a common law system isn't about data so much as it is about creating an echo chamber of footnotes. (Law and Economics research is the notable exception.)

http://www.yale.edu/yjhple/issues/

Oh I see. I think I misunderstood what a health law paper is. Sorry!

Me too. Generally, schools that look for research are looking for hypothesis-based study of some sort.

Um, I'm not so sure about that. Most of legal research in a common law system isn't about data so much as it is about creating an echo chamber of footnotes. (Law and Economics research is the notable exception.)

http://www.yale.edu/yjhple/issues/

qft, with the addendum that "law & economics" research does not so much represent a notable exception to this rule as it would desperately like to represent a notable exception to this rule. ;)

Last edited:
qft, with the addendum that "law & economics" research does not so much represent a notable exception to this rule as it would desperately like to represent a notable exception to this rule. ;)

:laugh:

Very true...

But I'm new here, I so I am trying to be polite.... ;)