Non-STEM Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr_dong

Reaction score
I'm currently preparing for the next application cycle and am having trouble finding non-STEM letters of rec. This is a problem because I haven't taken a non-STEM class since fall quarter sophomore year (statistics) and humanities classes since freshman year. I can't really ask any of those professors who could write me a LOR (although I did do well in their classes) since I never interacted with them.

I was thinking that I should take a humanities class I'm interested in during the next quarter (March to June 13) and ask for a letter of recommendation at the end of that? Would that be too tight with the application timeline? Is it better to ask for a LOR from someone who barely knows me?

Members don't see this ad.

I was thinking that I should take a humanities class I'm interested in during the next quarter (March to June 13) and ask for a letter of recommendation at the end of that? Would that be too tight with the application timeline? Is it better to ask for a LOR from someone who barely knows me?
It will be fine as long as they get it out within a month.
You might want to get to know them as soon as the class starts so that you can ask them if they can write a strong letter before waiting until class ends.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you worked? I got a letter from my GM when I worked as a bartender, might be an option for you, unless you need a academic LOR specifically.