MD Non-trad school list help & opinions on application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WrenchesToMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools
U Maryland
George Washington
Georgetown
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Dartmouth
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
NOVA MD
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
St.Louis
Creighton
Tulane
TCU-UNT

I suggest these schools
U Maryland
George Washington
Georgetown
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Dartmouth
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
NOVA MD
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
St.Louis
Creighton
Tulane
TCU-UNT

Thank you for your suggestions! Any thoughts on Cooper?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any adcom members that would be willing to chime in on schools and opinions on how I look as an applicant? I recognize that it’s hard to really say how one looks based on information given, but I greatly appreciate any input.

Last edited:
Bump. Are there any “reach” schools that would be worth applying to? I’m currently tidying up secondaries to submit as soon as my app is verified, which should be in the next 3 days hopefully

Bump. Are there any “reach” schools that would be worth applying to? I’m currently tidying up secondaries to submit as soon as my app is verified, which should be in the next 3 days hopefully
I don't have a ton of input, but you could use the MSAR on AMCAS to determine if you are in the 25th-75th percentile for more reach schools.
You could also input your stats in this website and go from there: Medical School Chance Predictor - Prospective Doctor

I don't have a ton of input, but you could use the MSAR on AMCAS to determine if you are in the 25th-75th percentile for more reach schools.
You could also input your stats in this website and go from there: Medical School Chance Predictor - Prospective Doctor

Thank you for your input! I constructed my current list using SDN suggestions in conjunction with MSAR and AAMC applicant/matriculates data. I added USC Greenville. I know it’s a stretch due to being out of state, but it’s right next to Clemson university where my brother in law attends. My wife and I love the area and lifestyle.