non-traditional, new to forum

Started by Micah6:8
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Micah6:8

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been reading the forums for a few months now, so thought it was time to register and communicate with everyone.
I am a physician assistant and am applying to Osteopathic med schools for Fall 2007. I am 37y/o so this definitely makes me a non-trad, as well as the fact that I have a Master's and have been practicing as a mid-level for several years.
Are there any other PA's out there who are making the med school leap? Anyone who was a PA and is already in med school? How is this going?
I took the April MCAT and am happy not to have to re-live that experience. I did well considering it had been 15 years since general chemistry.
So, no other questions for now, just wanted to say hello.
 
Cool name Micah 6:8.

I had to look it up:

He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.​

Welcome to SDN :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rahl22 said:
Welcome!

When are you hoping to apply?
I have already sent my applications to AACOMAS for 2007. I sent it on 5/29, all of my transcripts were in by 6/16 and I am still waiting for my GPA to be calculated and the app sent to the schools.