nonclinical volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started volunteering at my local meals on wheels since I was lacking in nonclinical volunteering but so far I have only been involved in making the meals to be delivered to the clients, and I have not delivered the meals directly to the clients and interacted with them. This is because I am not the greatest driver and don't feel confident driving the meals to the city. There is a role where I can be a "visitor" and sit in the car of another driver so that I can deliver the meal directly to the clients (which makes it easier for the driver as well because it can be hard to park in the city and it would take less time with another person delivering), but I won't be able to do that until my volunteer coordinator allows it due to covid. Do you think having nonclinical volunteering is not helpful on the application if I am not directly interacting with the people I am helping, or would it still be helpful since I am still involved in making the meals? In other words should I wait until I have started "visiting" to list meals on wheels on my app or just apply early with the description that I can make with what I am currently doing?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.