nonscience 2.7..science 3.9 Any chance of redemption

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lukeylu22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I still have 1 1/2 years to go in undergrad with a strong science at 3.9 ( no orgo 2 or calc yet so we'll see how that goes...)

but .. I had some health issues during my first semester of college and received two f's and two D's ...ouch

I have tried to pull it up but even if a took a 25 nonscience courses and postpone graduation..(which I most likley will) Ill at best get a 3.2 nonscience. My ec's are pretty good as well.

Soo any suggestions out there for an aspiring physician? Also my gpa does not reflect grade forgivness
What do you mean by "grade forgiveness?"

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean for applying D.O your retaken classes take the place of old ones and I believe med schools don't. So when calculating I used every grade
I see, that's what is usually referred to as grade replacement. DO schools are medical schools.

Continue to get A's in every class possible and don't take the MCAT until you are scoring at or above your target score.

I see, that's what is usually referred to as grade replacement. DO schools are medical schools.

Continue to get A's in every class possible and don't take the MCAT until you are scoring at or above your target score.
O yes I meant to say M.D.! thankyou for your response!

Also, what should my target score if say I graduate with a 3.8 science and a 3.2 non-science? I would be trying to get in anywhere that would accept me that's not out of the country. I have been especially looking at D.O. schools in the southeast

Also, what should my target score if say I graduate with a 3.8 science and a 3.2 non-science? I would be trying to get in anywhere that would accept me that's not out of the country. I have been especially looking at D.O. schools in the southeast
It depends on your state of residence.