Nontrad app (24 years old) Late Bloomer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crotchrocketer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi SDN I would like some advice on my progress as of late. Looking to submit AACOMAS on June 1st already confirmed this cycle but didn't submit due to poor stats.

Getting all A's so far in my 4 Biology classes this fall (3 more scheduled for spring 2013).

GPA considered fall projected grades (4.0) so hopefully I don't blow it, Spring grades not factored.

cGPA - 2.9

sGPA - 3.1

MCAT 26 (July 2012) with very even 8-9-9 split. Took this exam w/o any preparations forced to take because parent's paid. Will retake early 2013 and shooting for 32+ with SN2ed 90 day study plan. I'm setting a 32 as a baseline since I believe highly in my test taking skills.

EC include shadowing two PCP doctors both whom have high praise. Volunteering hours are pretty extensive but no research. Overall, I say my ECs are solid but not stellar.

Hopefully I get some credit from adcoms for working full time (2nd shift) at a healthcare setting while concurrnetly doing my post-bacc...8AM to 11 PM days suck!! :(

I have also exhausted my retake opportunities in science classes due to my oringinal school having quarters (which just do not match up credit wise to semester schedule credits) <--- major :thumbdown:

c/o 2018 hopeful... :)

ECs/Work mean nothing if you can't have good stats to go with it. Sadly, stats mean more than your ECs that actually show you can handle a lot of things and that you are avid about becoming a physician. Crush the next two semesters and see if you can retake some sciences that you did poorly in. You really want to try and hit a 3.5 mark before you submit. I thought ECs mattered a lot more before I submitted, but then realized they are meaningless if I can not catch their eyes with good stats.