Noob Question Here!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SplitBrain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know it's technically possible to get into a pharm d program with an A.A. I have the pre-reqs done and an 84th percentile pcat. Is it realistic that you'll get in without a Bachelors and just an A.A.? Does that ever happen?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

I know it's technically possible to get into a pharm d program with an A.A. I have the pre-reqs done and an 84th percentile pcat. Is it realistic that you'll get in without a Bachelors and just an A.A.? Does that ever happen?

Thanks!!!

Hey Schizophrenia,

Out of curiousity, what's your pre-req GPA?

Yes, it's entirely possible to get into CoPs without a Bachelor's degree, except in California, where it's MUCH less likely. Your PCAT score is competitive, so if your GPA is as competitive you'll stand a good shot at a lot of schools; however, it's getting late in the application game if you're looking at rolling-admissions schools so you'd better step on it.

It's foreseeable in the very near future that more schools will require the 4-year degree, so if you're not applying for the next couple cycles you might think about completing one, just in case.

Anyway, HTH.

And please, read the stickies.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.7 cum, 3.9 science, Im applying next fall. and thats great news to hear!
Thanks alot

good luck to you and I hope you get in

Hey Guys,

Thanks!!!

It happens. And in fact, I got in without a bachelors.

But the fact of the matter is that it's getting harder and harder each year to get into schools.

But for you, I'd say apply and see what happens. If you can get in, without the bachelors, then you've just save yourself some $$ and time.

Thanks alot

Yeah, you should get in, unless you have some glaring hole or serious problem in your app (like a conviction for drug dealing, or something).

Thanks alot

Glad your making the switch... but you might want to switch your affiliation from Pre-med to Pre-pharmacy. We tend to treat the kids from the "other" healthcare professions with less respect than our own...

... Okay, not really... well maybe.