north carolina DISC program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalo5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all future collegues, i hope that all is well...
I was just wondering if anyone had any input on the DISC program offered at UNC-Chapel Hill. I read briefly on it, but would really like some more info, especially from someone who may have already participated in it, or knows someone else who has....
thanks! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

hey...what's the DISC program? Chapel Hill is my top choice and I'd love to learn about this...is it some sort of exploring dentistry program? I know UCLA has one of those too... :rolleyes:

it's what they call a 'dentistry in service to communities' extramural program. First and second year students spend at least 8-10 weeks, and more if they choose, in other regions both local, national, and international observing/participating in dental care.
I was particularly interested in the program that is offered in Mexico, specifically Miacatlan, where they offer service to an orphanage. If any have had experience in this program, or know anybody who has, I would be very interested to know how they felt about it.

..is the program only for UNC students?