North Carolina Pharmacy License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GamecockPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to these boards. I finish pharmacy school in 21 days and I would like to get licensed in North and South Carolina as soon as possible. Does anyone know if I could simply take North Carolina's MPJE around the same time I take South Carolina's or would I have to go through the reciprocity process? I don't fully understand reciprocity. I want SC to be my main state but I live on the border. I would like to do the more cost effective option in getting both licenses. Should I wait and do the NC license later? Does anyone have an experience in getting licensed in multiple states straight out of school? I would appreciate any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same spot last may and I just applied for NC MPJE and registered with the NC board on line. They are much better organized than SC board so going to their website and following their instructions I received my liscense through them much quicker than SC which took a lot longer. I sat for the Naplex then the NC and SC MPJE all within 2 weeks of each other. Good luck and congrats on being done!

Thanks for the insight. I know a few people that have had trouble out of SC's board with regard to losing paperwork. I'd like to get out and start making money ASAP, so if you got the NC license faster I will definitely be going the same route you did.