Program-Specific Info / Q's North Central College Interview - WHAT TO EXPECT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexi64

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have a group interview at North Central College for their MOT (OT Master's Program) this upcoming week.

I was wondering if there's anyone who knows what to expect during this interview process? Possibly current North Central OT students or others who interviewed there in the past.

Any and all insight is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey!

I’m not exactly sure you’ll get any answers from current students there since this is a brand new program. They are actually taking applications for their first cohort.

I just started my second semester of OT school in Iowa (but I used to live Downers Grove IL). From what I remember they asked questions like why I wanted to become an OT, what do I think OT is, etc. Nothing too major. Honestly, just be yourself and you’ll do great. Expand on your answers.

Good luck

Hi! I also have an interview there next month. This is their first cohort they are admitting for so it’s their first round of interviews. Will you let us know what you think about your visit to see their program. I am on the fence about their program since they aren’t even in candidacy status yet for their accreditation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!

I’m not exactly sure you’ll get any answers from current students there since this is a brand new program. They are actually taking applications for their first cohort.

I just started my second semester of OT school in Iowa (but I used to live Downers Grove IL). From what I remember they asked questions like why I wanted to become an OT, what do I think OT is, etc. Nothing too major. Honestly, just be yourself and you’ll do great. Expand on your answers.

Good luck

Hi Asrmar,

Thank you so much for replying so soon!

I was wondering if you can give me any insight on what to expect for the live writing exercise portion of the interview.

Thank you again!

Hi! I also have an interview there next month. This is their first cohort they are admitting for so it’s their first round of interviews. Will you let us know what you think about your visit to see their program. I am on the fence about their program since they aren’t even in candidacy status yet for their accreditation.

Yes I will keep you updated!

Best of luck to you at your interview!

How did these interviews going? I just applied and am waiting to hear if I get an interview

Hey!

Good luck
Did you apply to Midwestern? Just curious why you didn't end up at the program in your town.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed here accepted a spot at a different school? I am really hoping to get in, so I’m just trying to weigh how big the applicant pool will be post-interviews.

Good luck!!

Is this your top choice? I am so on the fence because we will be the first cohort, but I love the program structure!
The whole first cohort thing is kind of concerning to me too but I guess every program needs to have an inaugural class. If the accreditation goes well you wouldn’t think there should be anything to worry about, right?

I actually interviewed at North Central a couple months ago. The interview was honestly the best one that I had. Its two people interviewing you. The questions were different for each person too, they do their best to make you feel comfortable. Definitely the most friendly people there as well

I just got my acceptance for NCC today via email! Did anyone else get theirs?

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I was also accepted today!

I just received my acceptance letter on Wednesday as well, is anyone looking to lease an apartment?

For those of you that got accepted, when was your interview?

When did you send in your application? I interviewed on February 23rd, but I didn’t turn in my application until the end of January so that is why I’m curious.

Last edited:
When did you send in your application? I interviewed on February 23rd, but I didn’t turn in my application until the end of January so that is why I’m curious.

My OTCAS was verified November 15th. They sent a letter saying that I was on the waitlist for an in interview mid January. We have until May 14th to make the deposit, so I’m sure there will be some movement after that date. I’m waiting until next week to see if I hear back from this other school before I make a decision. I hope you hear something soon!

My OTCAS was verified November 15th. They sent a letter saying that I was on the waitlist for an in interview mid January. We have until May 14th to make the deposit, so I’m sure there will be some movement after that date. I’m waiting until next week to see if I hear back from this other school before I make a decision. I hope you hear something soon!
Thank you so much! I hope you get accepted into your other school too!

I also interviewed on February 23rd and have yet to hear back a yes, no, or waitlist. I am getting a little concerned at this point wondering if I would have heard that I go into NC by now since some of you have siad yo ufond out last Wenesday.. I got into ISU and accepted my spot there incase I don't get into NC. NC is my top choice. It is getting down to the wire now since ISU starts classes may 29th. It's not like I could just start school there and stay on a waitlist at NC if that were the case.
Has anyone hear a no at all yet?!?

Those of you that have been accepted, are you planning to definitely attend?

I also interviewed on February 23rd and have yet to hear back a yes, no, or waitlist. I am getting a little concerned at this point wondering if I would have heard that I go into NC by now since some of you have siad yo ufond out last Wenesday.. I got into ISU and accepted my spot there incase I don't get into NC. NC is my top choice. It is getting down to the wire now since ISU starts classes may 29th. It's not like I could just start school there and stay on a waitlist at NC if that were the case.
Has anyone hear a no at all yet?!?
I’m in the exact same boat! I however accepted my spot at ISU and decided to attend based on the cheaper living options. I am from Chicago and did not want to make the 1.5 hr commute from my parents house. Also, even with 1 semester of out of state tuition, it’s a little cheaper. I took getting pulled from the waitlist as a sign that’s where I should be. I still haven’t heard from North Central, even though they promised all decisions would be ready to send out once they got their notice of candidacy status. It’d be cool to attend ISU together!

I’m in the exact same boat! I however accepted my spot at ISU and decided to attend based on the cheaper living options. I am from Chicago and did not want to make the 1.5 hr commute from my parents house. Also, even with 1 semester of out of state tuition, it’s a little cheaper. I took getting pulled from the waitlist as a sign that’s where I should be. I still haven’t heard from North Central, even though they promised all decisions would be ready to send out once they got their notice of candidacy status. It’d be cool to attend ISU together!
I mean, they have to know who they want and who they dont want right? I guess imjust wondering if theyve already sent all of there acceptances since some people on here have already heard. But why wouldnt they have already sent out no's or waitlists if they've sent those out. Its frustrating and the anxiety and anticipation is killlling me ha! I almost want to email, but I'm sure I probably won't get any answers. They have to know that some people are really waiting on them.

I mean, they have to know who they want and who they dont want right? I guess imjust wondering if theyve already sent all of there acceptances since some people on here have already heard. But why wouldnt they have already sent out no's or waitlists if they've sent those out. Its frustrating and the anxiety and anticipation is killlling me ha! I almost want to email, but I'm sure I probably won't get any answers. They have to know that some people are really waiting on them.
Yes exactly! Initially, I was trying to wait to hear from NC before committing to ISU, as I did not have $1,000 to give between the schools. I don’t like that they didn’t send out notices as they’d promised. It’s very frustrating for sure. Email!! What’s the worst that could happen?

Hello everyone!

I interviewed at NC too... in the earlier cycle... 1. I did not hear either 2. I'm almost definite that they sent decided and sent out invitations, but it is late in the cycle so many people may reject the invitations so they won't send out denials yet, or theory 3. They were so busy with accreditation, they are now just really focusing on applicants and sent out acceptance to really strong candidates... I have to tell myself this to feel better lol

Hi all!

From what I remember correctly (slash wrote down at the interview) all of their decisions were supposed to come via mail. I received my acceptance via email (still waiting on another school to make my decision) so I'm thinking that maybe their official waitlists/denials would come via Mail. I think this because, as noted above, they are super late in the cycle due to waiting for accreditation so they may want their initially accepted applicants to know ASAP rocky.

I know the anxiety stinks, and it's frustrating as ever, but keep your chin high everyone!

so basically we don't think anyone has heard an actual "no" yet at least? I know someone who just got an acceptance email today.

I’ll be putting my deposit in tomorrow! Who else is attending?!