Northern Arizona University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coco21

Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from NAU regarding interviews? I received an email from them late September stating that they had received my application. In the email they said that they will most likely send out emails regarding interviews late October.

Members don't see this ad.

not yet, but I'm in the same boat, I'm guessing sometime this week they will send some sort of confirmation, hopefully.

Has anyone heard back from NAU regarding interviews? I received an email from them late September stating that they had received my application. In the email they said that they will most likely send out emails regarding interviews late October.
Not yet. I keep checking my emails

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a few minutes ago I received an invite for an interview in December!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I got invited for an interview today (10/31) applied back in mid August

Just received an email. I’m on the alternative list for an invite.

I got placed on the alternate list for an interview also. Anyone heard of how likely it is for someone to get an interview from this list?

Also got put on the alternate waitlist. Is this truly a waitlist or is it more like a rejection?

Also got put on the alternate waitlist. Is this truly a waitlist or is it more like a rejection?
it's not a complete rejection. If someone ends up declining their invite to interview with them say because they got accepted somewhere else, that interview spot will be given to someone on the alternate list.

Are you guys going to the open houses? I don't know which campus to pick since our interview assignments haven't been given out yet...

I am a second year student at NAU Phoenix campus that will be part of the interview process. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

I got my email on Oct 31st. I'm on the alternate list as well!

I am a second year student at NAU Phoenix campus that will be part of the interview process. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Hey! I have an interview at the Flagstaff campus on December 1st. Do you have any advice on how to prepare for it? This is my top choice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I have an interview at the Flagstaff campus on December 1st. Do you have any advice on how to prepare for it? This is my top choice!
First off, congrats!
Secondly, I have never been to the flagstaff campus, but the interviews are ran the same. They'll have you go through the interview with other applicants. Questions are more of a conversation format, and just want get to know you more. Like all interviews, I suggest if you ever talk about a strength, give an experience. Experiences give us insight into your life and allow us to see you better. You'll also get a tour of the campus. I'm not sure if that's before or after the interview.
Good luck!

First off, congrats!
Secondly, I have never been to the flagstaff campus, but the interviews are ran the same. They'll have you go through the interview with other applicants. Questions are more of a conversation format, and just want get to know you more. Like all interviews, I suggest if you ever talk about a strength, give an experience. Experiences give us insight into your life and allow us to see you better. You'll also get a tour of the campus. I'm not sure if that's before or after the interview.
Good luck!
What do you mean when you say they'll have you go through the interview with other applicants? Is it a group interview? I know in the email it said it would be a panel interview but I don't know any of the other details.

What do you mean when you say they'll have you go through the interview with other applicants? Is it a group interview? I know in the email it said it would be a panel interview but I don't know any of the other details.
For the past two years we've had 3 interviewers and 3 interviewees (is that a word?). We're gonna do that again this year.

For the past two years we've had 3 interviewers and 3 interviewees (is that a word?). We're gonna do that again this year.
is this a rotating format (like one interviewer and one interviewee, switch) or all group setting?

is this a rotating format (like one interviewer and one interviewee, switch) or all group setting?
Good question! The whole interview is done 3 on 3.

Do the interviewers ask each one of us specific questions? Or is a question asked and it’s like a free for all to answer? I love the idea of a conversation and discussion based format just weary if its more like a competion to answer a question.

Do the interviewers ask each one of us specific questions? Or is a question asked and it’s like a free for all to answer? I love the idea of a conversation and discussion based format just weary if its more like a competion to answer a question.

There will be one question, and then each person will respond from right to left, and left to right for the next question. It runs like that. For example, I was asked in my interview, "What do you think will be the hardest adjustment for you in PT school?" Since I was on the right, I answered first, then the middle, then the left. The next question that was asked was, "How do you handle stress?" The person on the left answered, followed by the middle, and then I finished the question off. Hope that helps!

Does anyone know how many people are placed on the alternate list?

Will there only be one day for interviews? I reside in California, but I have an interview in Georgia the day before my interview with the Flagstaff campus. It could be doable, but the interview with Georgia will last 5 hours so I wouldn't even be able to fly into Phoenix until closer to midnight.

Will there only be one day for interviews? I reside in California, but I have an interview in Georgia the day before my interview with the Flagstaff campus. It could be doable, but the interview with Georgia will last 5 hours so I wouldn't even be able to fly into Phoenix until closer to midnight.

I’m in the same situation as you. Reside in San Diego but will be flying from New Jersey December 1st. I hope we hear soon so I can change my flight ASAP and figure out how to get to flagstaff from Phoenix on little sleep and jet lag such a pain.

I’m in the same situation as you. Reside in San Diego but will be flying from New Jersey December 1st. I hope we hear soon so I can change my flight ASAP and figure out how to get to flagstaff from Phoenix on little sleep and jet lag such a pain.

There is only 1 day of interviews this year, however, I would suggest calling the PT department and see is there can be any changes that may be able to help you!

UPDATE:
All students were denied instate tuition from out of state following a year of schooling after a hearing at the school. Unless you want to file a hearing with the state court, there is no possibility of receiving instate tuition unless you lived here one year before school.

There will be one question, and then each person will respond from right to left, and left to right for the next question. It runs like that. For example, I was asked in my interview, "What do you think will be the hardest adjustment for you in PT school?" Since I was on the right, I answered first, then the middle, then the left. The next question that was asked was, "How do you handle stress?" The person on the left answered, followed by the middle, and then I finished the question off. Hope that helps!
Thank you for answering our questions on here!
I was wondering about how many total questions are asked during the interview? Are student answers typically long and in depth or a shorter clear and concise answer? Lastly how do you recommend dressing for the open house? Are people pretty causal or is there a need to dress up a bit?

Thank you for answering our questions on here!
I was wondering about how many total questions are asked during the interview? Are student answers typically long and in depth or a shorter clear and concise answer? Lastly how do you recommend dressing for the open house? Are people pretty causal or is there a need to dress up a bit?

I'm not sure about how many questions will be asked, maybe 5-10? Each applicants is given adequate time to answer with ~1-3 minutes each question. I never went to the open house, so I would assume professional dress, nice shirt without a tie for men and dress/skirt for women.

I'm not sure about how many questions will be asked, maybe 5-10? Each applicants is given adequate time to answer with ~1-3 minutes each question. I never went to the open house, so I would assume professional dress, nice shirt without a tie for men and dress/skirt for women.
Thank you!
One last question, I know preference for interviews is given to instate students, I was wondering if you know if preference is given for instate for acceptances too?

I'm not too sure, but I can tell you there are 5 out of state students in my cohort down here in PHX. Also, THANK YOU to everyone who participated in interviews! It was great to get to know you all. I know I interviewed at least one of you (as you mentioned coming here for advice during one of the questions) haha

Does anyone know when NAU will send out acceptances? Super excited to hear back and crossing my fingers it's good news!

Does anyone know when NAU will send out acceptances? Super excited to hear back and crossing my fingers it's good news!
I heard it would be no later than December 15th

I talked to the director at the end of the interviews and she said that she was trying to get everything done by the end of this week!
-Good Luck

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I just got a phonecall from NAU and was offered a spot!!

I got my preferred choice, PHX. I recently got into my top choice in my home state, so I will be declining my spot.

Woo how exciting! For phoenix or flag? I'm still waiting to hear back with Flag as my top choice!

I was offered a spot at the Flagstaff campus, and I will be accepting the position!

I just received an email saying I am on the alternate list! Does anyone know how to figure out my position on the alternate list? Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

I just received an email saying I am on the alternate list! Does anyone know how to figure out my position on the alternate list? Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

Wondering this as well!

So far they have moved through 24 alternates. Does anyone know how many they went through in previous years?