Northshore LIJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAN627

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
.....Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
was a program in trouble but with the addition of a new chairman(Dr. Stein, former PD at Mt. Sinai) and program director (Matt Shatzer, formerly of Kessler and author of the Pocketpedia) the program is much improved. There is a new focus on education. Strong attending run didactics and grand rounds. More of a university presence at the main hospitals (NS and LIJ). There is also a greater empisis on fellowship preperation. With that there is now 3 months of elective, that can be used for outside of system electives. Last year all 4 matched at there 1st choice of fellowships; 2 ACGME pain fellowships, one prominent sports fellowship, and a SCI fellowship. The call is entirely home call and is better spread out than before. All in all, ok residency is now a great res.. prob best on LI and up there in NY. Hope this helps.

I concur with GMEN. I was really impressed with it when I interviewed there last year. Sounds like they are making some really great strides at that program to make it better.