You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Northwestern DPT cycle 2019-2020
Started by DPT2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven’t heard anything either! I submitted early and got an email 9/13 that my app was complete for them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok we must be in the same crop of applications!! I’ll post as soon as I hearI haven’t heard anything either! I submitted early and got an email 9/13 that my app was complete for them
I got my official acceptance from Northwestern DPT c/o 2023 yesterday! I got a phone call first, and then an email the next day. Anyone ele hear back yet?
Congratulations! When did you submit? I haven't heard anything yet but I'm excited that you got a call so I might hear either way soon!
I submitted on 09/30! I got a call on 10/16 but missed it and it went to voicemail, I called back the next day (yesterday 10/17) and was informed that I was accepted by the assistant chair for admissions, and the official acceptance email came later that afternoon 🙂
Best of luck, keep me posted!!
Best of luck, keep me posted!!
I submitted on 09/30! I got a call on 10/16 but missed it and it went to voicemail, I called back the next day (yesterday 10/17) and was informed that I was accepted by the assistant chair for admissions, and the official acceptance email came later that afternoon 🙂
Best of luck, keep me posted!!
Congratulations!
Do you mind if i ask what's your stats?
University: San Diego State University
Major: Kinesiology with Emphasis in Pre-PT
Overall GPA: 3.73 from PTCAS calculation
, 3.89 standard calculation bc I retook some failed classes from freshman year (Rocky start, and 4.0 throughout junior and senior year)
GRE: Q: 155, V: 164 AW: 4.5
Extras: Research assistant internship for a UCSD study aimed at evaluating and increasing the levels of physical activity among low income seniors, 1.5 years of employment at outpatient ortho PT clinic, studied abroad in Bali teaching sexual health and reproduction during undergrad, CPR certification, Dean's list, Summa Cum Laude graduate, varied employment throughout undergrad,
Hours: ~2000 at ortho outpatient clinic, 30 inpatient at veteran's hospital, 10 outpatient at veteran's hospital (all varied patient populations)
LoR: 1 physics professor, 2 PTs (both of which I am an aide for), and a former patient of the clinic I work at that also served as a mentor for me, and whom has a PhD in nutrition and MPH
Major: Kinesiology with Emphasis in Pre-PT
Overall GPA: 3.73 from PTCAS calculation
, 3.89 standard calculation bc I retook some failed classes from freshman year (Rocky start, and 4.0 throughout junior and senior year)GRE: Q: 155, V: 164 AW: 4.5
Extras: Research assistant internship for a UCSD study aimed at evaluating and increasing the levels of physical activity among low income seniors, 1.5 years of employment at outpatient ortho PT clinic, studied abroad in Bali teaching sexual health and reproduction during undergrad, CPR certification, Dean's list, Summa Cum Laude graduate, varied employment throughout undergrad,
Hours: ~2000 at ortho outpatient clinic, 30 inpatient at veteran's hospital, 10 outpatient at veteran's hospital (all varied patient populations)
LoR: 1 physics professor, 2 PTs (both of which I am an aide for), and a former patient of the clinic I work at that also served as a mentor for me, and whom has a PhD in nutrition and MPH
PTstudent97
Full Member
Any updates from anyone? I know I dont have much of a chance but the wait is killing me haha
Any updates from anyone? I know I dont have much of a chance but the wait is killing me haha
hi! my application to Northwestern was complete 9/13 and I received an acceptance last week (10/23)!
best of luck 🙂
PTstudent97
Full Member
hi! my application to Northwestern was complete 9/13 and I received an acceptance last week (10/23)!
best of luck 🙂
Congrats! Thanks, my app was completed on 10/7 so I'm just getting a little anxious. Did they call you, email you or both to let you know of the acceptance?
Congrats! Thanks, my app was completed on 10/7 so I'm just getting a little anxious. Did they call you, email you or both to let you know of the acceptance?
Both! I received a call from admissions first and an official email later that afternoon!
PTstudent97
Full Member
Both! I received a call from admissions first and an official email later that afternoon!
Oh alright, thanks so much and once again, congrats!
Would you mind sharing your stats? My application was complete 9/13 as well and I'm getting a little nervous!hi! my application to Northwestern was complete 9/13 and I received an acceptance last week (10/23)!
best of luck 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I’m getting nervous because my application was submitted in mid September and i haven’t heard anything back yet! Seems like a few people from that same time frame have already been accepted. Still waiting :/
I also have not heard anything from Northwestern. My app was completed on 9/13 and haven't heard a word since!
Mine too! Going crazy waiting.
Actually just to update this, I received an email this afternoon with my acceptance! So I think they're just going through the applications a little slowly.I also have not heard anything from Northwestern. My app was completed on 9/13 and haven't heard a word since!
Northwestern doesn't interview so they will just contact you with their decision!Congratulations! Do anyone know that If my application verifed in October, when should I got the interview invitation?
You guys can chill! Northwestern doesn’t do rolling admission meaning they don’t start reviewing unti Oct 1 it’ll take them a while. Don’t stress out we’re all on the same boat!Mine too! Going crazy waiting.
Congrats!Northwestern doesn't interview so they will just contact you with their decision!
And do you mind sharing your status?Actually just to update this, I received an email this afternoon with my acceptance! So I think they're just going through the applications a little slowly.
Peng Fan
Full Member
Thank you! Congratulations!Northwestern doesn't interview so they will just contact you with their decision!
I got an email two days ago saying that my application is up for review at the committee's November 20th meeting, so I'd hear by the end of the month!
Do you know if they send emails out letting everyone know when they're application is reviewed or did you email them asking??
actually update: I'm accepted!
Congrat! Do you mind sharing your status?actually update: I'm accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Update: I was accepted today. Does anyone know how much is the rent around school?I submitted the application in August, but still not hear anything back! Should I ask them? do they review applications based on the time of submission or other factors?
Did anyone know that if I didnt hear anything back from NWU, is that means i will not have any chance now?
pre-PT student 20
New Member
Has anyone who applied for scholarships heard back? The email said applicants will be notified of awards by December, just wondering if there's still hope lol
Has anyone who applied for scholarships heard back? The email said applicants will be notified of awards by December, just wondering if there's still hope lol
I was wondering the same thing!
Has anyone started a Facebook page for the 2023 class? And does anyone have recommendations for apartments in Chicago? Moving from Kansas City!
Did anyone hear back from northwestern waitlist?
Not yet :/ I just got the email if I still wanted to be considered. Hopefully soon!Did anyone hear back from northwestern waitlist?
Not yet :/ I just got the email if I still wanted to be considered. Hopefully soon!
I got that email last Wednesday, hopefully we can get in!
Not yet :/ I just got the email if I still wanted to be considered. Hopefully soon!
When did you receive that email?
Last Tuesday!When did you receive that email?