Northwestern FYI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relatively prime

post happy member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a "rejection" letter from Northwestern... which is interesting considering I never sent in their secondaries or application fee :rolleyes: It was an actual rejection letter saying "Applicants to The Feinberg School are extremely competitive... we were not able to act favorably opon your application" lol

Anyway... what I wanted to let you all know is that it also said "The commitee on Admissions has completed its consideration of applicants for admissions of the 2003 first year class..."

So I guess you all will be hearing soon if you haven't already :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm. Hope that's not including those who have yet to interview. I might as well not get on the plane next week.
:)

Originally posted by manicmaven
Hmm. Hope that's not including those who have yet to interview. I might as well not get on the plane next week.
:)
Wait... so they're still interviewing and yet are telling people that they're done making decisions?! Lord... when are these med schools going to get organized? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
NW is indeed very competitive. The 2001 entering class had the following stats: mean GPA 3.7; mean MCAT scores V 10.1, PS 11.3, BS 11.3. 46% women. NW looks for significant clinical experience. In addition, NW has a combined baccalaureate-MD seven years honors program. Approximately 40 high school graduates enter that program each year. Class size 170, of which some 50 are chosen from the honors program. That means somewhat over 100-110 places are available for those not in the program.

Originally posted by relatively prime

Anyway... what I wanted to let you all know is that it also said "The commitee on Admissions has completed its consideration of applicants for admissions of the 2003 first year class..."

So I guess you all will be hearing soon if you haven't already :)

They're probably just cleaning out the backlist of people who aren't going to be interviewed for whatever reason.

not sending in the secondary is probably why you got rejected :)

Originally posted by gower
NW is indeed very competitive. The 2001 entering class had the following stats: mean GPA 3.7; mean MCAT scores V 10.1, PS 11.3, BS 11.3. 46% women. NW looks for significant clinical experience. In addition, NW has a combined baccalaureate-MD seven years honors program. Approximately 40 high school graduates enter that program each year. Class size 170, of which some 50 are chosen from the honors program. That means somewhat over 100-110 places are available for those not in the program.

What the heck does this have to do with anything? I didn't apply!! They sent me a rejection letter even though I never sent them an ap fee or a secondary.

All the other medical schools I sent AMCAS to but didn't send in secondaries sent me a letter saying "as of [date] your application has not been completed... therefore we are assuming that you are no longer interested... we are pulling your file from consideration... "

It was just funny b/c my mom got down when she read the letter... thinking I'd actually gotten a "real" rejection from this place.

I get more than enough rejections from schools I actually applied to... I don't need ones from schools I didn't ;)

perhaps they meant that they were done sending out interview invitations.

Just wanted to announce that I too just got whacked by NU last week.

Kind of glad anyway since after thinking about what they had to offer I sort of realized that they would have been a terrible fit for me anyway. It's funny b/c going into this cycle I thought it was my #1 choice. Not sure where I'll end up now after this whole process ends but I wasn't too broken up over them rejecting me.