Northwestern Inteviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rgroov3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else receive secondary applications in mid july from northwestern with a very short span of time to do the secondary?

Does anyone know about when interview decisions will be made?

Members don't see this ad.

Rgroov3 said:
Did anyone else receive secondary applications in mid july from northwestern with a very short span of time to do the secondary?

Does anyone know about when interview decisions will be made?

everyone gets the short deadlines on the secondary...i had about 7 or 8 days on mine.

as for the interviews, i haven't heard anyone say anything about them interviewing yet

jbrice1639 said:
everyone gets the short deadlines on the secondary...i had about 7 or 8 days on mine.

as for the interviews, i haven't heard anyone say anything about them interviewing yet

I had a 14 day deadline... I don't know why mine was so much longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
It sais also reference letter do by that date.
They are crazy.. how are you going to force your references to get it done in such a short time. I have till the 28th .. .but I don't know if my references will be there.

they will take LOR whenever they come. Just email them for an extension on that.

BIBI said:
It sais also reference letter do by that date.
They are crazy.. how are you going to force your references to get it done in such a short time. I have till the 28th .. .but I don't know if my references will be there.

Don't worry about the references- I called to get an extension, and they told me that emailing them about extending the references deadline was completely unnecessary. So why the deadline then??

unfrozencaveman said:
Don't worry about the references- I called to get an extension, and they told me that emailing them about extending the references deadline was completely unnecessary. So why the deadline then??

I wondered the same thing...especially considering that in the same email they stated what the deadline for LORs were, several lines below was a sentence saying that if your letters aren't in by that date it is ok. WTF? Maybe it is so that if you are still waiting on a letter, you can confront that prof and say "look...they gave me this deadline." Who knows...we will never figure out what is going on inside the minds of ADCOMs. :)

there was a typo on my app that i didn't notice until after i sent it because of their stupid rushed deadline. oh well. that's what they get.

also, my recs didn't get processed until 2 days after my LOR "deadline," so i'm sure it's ok.